Crust-less Chicken PieSubmitted by: CRAFTSFAN1
Nonstick spray coating
1 C cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
1/4 - 1/2 C 2% Cheese Mexican Blend
1/2 C chopped jalapeno peppers, canned and drained
2/3 C skim milk
3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
black pepper to taste
1 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
I like to adapt this recipe with different combinations like asparagus and mushrooms, or to add some other veggies like frozen okra, etc. The combinations are endless.
2. Defrost the frozen vegetables in the microwave.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat the eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the milk and flour to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture in the pie plate.
7. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 º F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till top is set and lightly browned.
8. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or till cheese melts.
9. Serve accompanied with a salad.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRAFTSFAN1.