- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 337.1
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 100.9 mg
- Sodium: 564.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 37.5 g
Beef with Broccoli and Jicama Stir-FrySubmitted by: CRAFTSFAN1
IntroductionThis recipe uses a fresh young jícama instead of water chestnuts. This recipe uses a fresh young jícama instead of water chestnuts.
2 tsps. oil
3 cups broccoli spears, sliced diagonally
3 cups jicama, thinly sliced
1/2 cup onion, cut in pieces
16 oz. beef loin, top sirloin, cut into strips
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp. ginger root (or to taste)
1 dash black pepper, freshly grounded
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
4 tsp. cornstarch
4 Tbsp. oyster sauce
You can add as many vegetables as you like or make substitutions.
2. Cut the beef into strips.
3. Cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
4. In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until bubbly and hot.
5. Add beef strips and cook, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
6. Sauté broccoli, onion, jícama, garlic, and ginger, for about 3 minutes.
7. Add beef and broth mixture to wok, and mix to the vegetables.
8. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 5 to 10 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRAFTSFAN1.