- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 400.1
- Total Fat: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 86.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,521.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 56.7 g
High Protein Clean Chicken, Rice and Broccoli CasseroleSubmitted by: NATURALATHLETE
IntroductionDelicious, colorful, full of nutrition and PACKED with protein. A super easy, impressive-looking meal that freezes easy and is great for clean-eaters! Almost 60g of protein and less than 8g of fat per serving. Delicious, colorful, full of nutrition and PACKED with protein. A super easy, impressive-looking meal that freezes easy and is great for clean-eaters! Almost 60g of protein and less than 8g of fat per serving.
* 2 lbs of fresh boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins (Organic free range preferable)
* 1 cup uncooked Forbidden (black) rice (Lotus Foods has the best! You can get it for pretty cheap at Whole Foods)
* 2 Large fresh raw broccoli heads, stem removed (Organic & local preferable)
* 1 medium raw red onion (Organic & local preferable)
* 1 raw red bell pepper (Organic & local preferable)
* 1 clove garlic
* 1/4 cup dried apricot halves, diced
* 2 Tbsp parsley (3 Tbsp if fresh)
* Salt & Pepper to taste
* 12oz 0% (fat free) Plain Greek Yogurt
* 4 Fresh egg whites (Large eggs)
2) While chicken, rice and broccoli cook, finely chop your onion and pepper, mince your garlic, chop your apricot halves and dice your parsley if it's fresh. Sauté them on the stove together with your salt and pepper until the flavors mix and the onions are a little toasty looking.
3) Put your sautéed mixture in a large bowl and add the yogurt and egg whites. Grate about 1 full cup of the Lite Cheddar Cheese, and add 1/4 cup to the bowl. Set the other 3/4 cup of cheese aside.
4) Pre-heat oven to 350*F
5) When your chicken is done cooking, set it aside to cool off. Remove broccoli from steamer and chop up (or hand-shred) into small pieces. Add to bowl. When chicken is cool, hand-shred into bowl. When rice is done, throw all of it into the bowl.
6) Squish everything together with your hands! WEEE! :)
7) Grease two 8"x 8" inch baking dishes with a little coconut oil. Measure equal portions of mixture into each baking dish. Sprinkle even amounts of remaining shredded cheese on top of each casserole dish.
8) Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and more diced apricots.
Freezes great, travels great, IS great! Yum yum :)