Banana Oat breakfast loafSubmitted by: MEGABOMB
o ½ cup whole wheat flour
o ½ cup all-purpose flour
o 1 cup rolled oats
o ¼ cup sugar
o 2 tsp. baking powder
o ¼ tsp salt
o ½ tsp. baking soda
o ½ cup nuts
o 1 cup mashed ripe banana
o ½ cup non-fat or 2% milk
o 1 large egg
o 1 tsp. vanilla
o ¼ cup peanut butter, softened
2. Place oats in a large bowl and stir in half of the milk (1/4 cup). Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix in the remaining ¼ cup milk, banana, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
4. Stir in the fruit or nuts of your choice, then combine with the oat mixture.
5. Lightly spray a 9″ x 13″ pan with non-stick spray.
6. Spread the batter into the pan.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes just until the top is golden brown, the cake begins to pull away from the sides the pan and springs back when lightly touched.
8. Cut into 1x2″ pieces – serve warm or cold.
Serving Size: Makes 16 1x2" pieces
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MEGABOMB.