Bread - No KneadSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionJust tried this YouTube No-Knead Bread. Made a few adjustments. Instead of just white flour, replaced 2 of the 3 cups of flour with whole wheat flour, increased the amount of yeast and reduced the salt. Just tried this YouTube No-Knead Bread. Made a few adjustments. Instead of just white flour, replaced 2 of the 3 cups of flour with whole wheat flour, increased the amount of yeast and reduced the salt.
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup White Flour
1 tsp Yeast
0.25 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
0.75 tsp Salt
1.5 Cups Water
2. Add yeast & red wine vinegar to warm water.
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients and mix together until all moisture is absorbed.
4. Cover & allow to rest for 4 hours.
5. Uncover bowl & flod dough over on itself a couple of times. Then place dough in the center of a sheet of oiled parchment paper.
6. Rinse the bowl with water & then return dough in parchment paper to the bowl. Cover and let rest one hour.
7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
8. Put a 6 to 8 quart heavy covered pot (cast iron,Dutch Oven, Pyrex or Ceramic) in oven as it heats.
9. Carefully remove pot from oven when oven reaches desired temperature.
10. Place parchment paper and dough into heated pot. Cover with lid. cut away excess parchment paper.
11. Return pot to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
12. After 30 minutes, remove pot lid and bake another 10 to 12 minutes until loaf is browned.
13. Cool on a rack for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
14. Discard parchment paper.
Serving Size: 8 slices
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.