Lemon Quick BreadSubmitted by: CBREWER20
3/4 cup skim milk
2 large eggs
4 oz unsweetened applesauce
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sucralose (Splenda)
3/4 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons powdered buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
zest from 2 lemons
Juice from 2 lemons
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
2) In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients (milk-applesauce) and set aside
3) In another medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients for the bread and mix well
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix lightly until just combined
5) Add batter to a 9X5 loaf pan sprayed with non-stick spray
6) Bake for 60 minutes or until done (toothpick test) and remove from oven.
7) After baking, but while still hot, run a knife around the edge of the pan and prick the bread with a skewer, pour the glaze over the bread.
8) Allow the bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Serving Size: 9 1-inch slices
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CBREWER20.