Flourless nut breadSubmitted by: CMPADHI
IntroductionRecipe: Life-Changing Loaf of Bread from
-life-changing-loaf-of-bread/ Recipe: Life-Changing Loaf of Bread from
1 c sunflower seeds,
.5 c flax seeds
.5 cup almonds
1.5 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium seed husks
1 tsp fine grain sea salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp melted cocount oil
1.5 c water
1. There is no substitute for the psyllium husks. Whenever I write an entire article about a specific ingredient, it is because THAT is the point of the recipe, as it highlights one way you can use it. For those of you who canít find psyllium, buy it online. Itís cheap.
2. For nut substitutions, the bulk of this bread is nuts and seeds so youíll have to skip the recipe. If it is JUST a nut allergy and seeds are okay, replace the nuts with seeds.
3. You can use ground flax seeds instead of whole, but youíre going to need a lot more water as the ground flax seed is highly absorbent.
4. Substituting the oats with quinoa flakes may work, but again, they absorb a lot more water than oats do. Add more water accordingly.
5. Oats are inherently gluten-free, but if you have a sensitivity to gluten, make sure to purchase certified gluten-free oats.
6. For sugar-free or low-sugar diets, use a pinch stevia to replace the maple syrup.
7. A flexible, silicon loaf pan is best because you can test to see if the dough is holding together, and itís easy to remove the loaf from the pan, BUT, a regular pan should be fine.
8. This bread is not raw. I havenít tried drying it out. If you want to make it raw I suggest *trying* to slice it before you bake it and dehydrating the slices individually.
2. Preheat oven to 350įF / 175įC.
3. Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult, but important).
4. Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too Ė slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!
Serving Size: makes 24 .5cm servings.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CMPADHI.