Veggie Mix SauteSubmitted by: DECHILDERS
IntroductionThis is kind of a trashcan mix of veggies that I often make as a side dish. Very tasty and low calorie. This is kind of a trashcan mix of veggies that I often make as a side dish. Very tasty and low calorie.
1 Whole Zucchini Squash - Sliced and Quartered (about 1 cup)
1 Whole Yellow Squash - Sliced and Quartered (about 1 cup)
1 Small Container of Sliced Fresh Mushrooms - Broken into smaller bits (about 1 cup)
1/2 Bag of Fresh Baby Spinach
1 Whole Large Fresh Tomato - Sliced and Quartered
3 Tablespoons of Light Italian Salad Dressing
This dish goes great with any meal. I occasionally add seasoning salt and/or garlic but it tastes great just from the dressing flavors.
2. Break mushrooms into smaller chunks
3. Pour salad dressing into large frying pan and heat on high temperature
4. Add zucchini, squash, and mushrooms to frying pan. Turn veggies regularly so they cook evenly on both sides. Cook until they start to become tender (about 5 or 6 minutes)
5. Add tomato and baby spinach leaves.
6. Continue to cook and turn until spinach leaves reduce and turn dark green
Serving Size: Makes 4 1-cup servings (varies according to vegetable size)