McGriddle MakeoverSubmitted by: MEDHOPEFUL777
IntroductionThis recipe is a modified version of the Hungry Girl recipe because of what I had lying around the kitchen. It turned out that I loved the combination of flavors so much that I decided to share it! This recipe is a modified version of the Hungry Girl recipe because of what I had lying around the kitchen. It turned out that I loved the combination of flavors so much that I decided to share it!
For Mini Pancakes:
- 1.5 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Smart Balance Light butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp light pancake syrup (or sugar free)
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1Tbsp water
- 1/2 MorningStar California Turkey Burger
- 0.5 Tbsp light pancake syrup (or sugar free)
- 3 Tbsp Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp mozzarella shredded cheese
2. Lightly coat a frying pan with cooking spray and heat for a minute over medium-high heat. Pour batter into pan to make to equal sized pancakes. Let cook until small bubbles start to come through batter, then carefully flip.
3. While pancakes cook, place frozen turkey burger half in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 15 seconds to defrost.
4. Remove pancakes to a plate. Add 3 tbsp liquid egg whites to pan and spin around to coat pan. Let cook (do not scramble) and carefully flip to cook opposite side. Fold in half, then half again and add on top of one pancake. Sprinkle with cheese to melt.
5. Add turkey burger to pan. While it browns on one side add 0.25 tbsp of syrup to the top side, then flip (this add tons of extra syrupy flavor!). As the other side browns, add the remaining 0.25 tbsp and flip again. Once browned evenly add to pancake.
6. Top with 2nd pancake and serve hot! ENJOY!
Serving Size: Makes one breakfast sandwich
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MEDHOPEFUL777.