Cherry RavioliSubmitted by: TOOKEP
IntroductionNecessity is the mother of invention. What to do with 1/2 can of Cherry Pie filling, 4 oz oz cream cheese and 2 refrigerated pie crusts? Necessity is the mother of invention. What to do with 1/2 can of Cherry Pie filling, 4 oz oz cream cheese and 2 refrigerated pie crusts?
1 pks (2 pie crusts) Refrigerated Pie Crusts
1/2 Can Cherry Pie Filling
1 oz Cream Cheese
Pictures are posted t give a better idea of what t do. The onr picture is of the cream cheese slice I used. I cut the cream cheese in this side then cut each slice into four pieces. that was pretty close to the amount needed for each piece.
2. Unroll 1 pie crust at a time, trim the edges to make a square.
3. Cut the square into 4 pieces.
4. Cut each piece into 4 pieces (you now have 16 little squares.)
5. Top 8 of the squares with 1 tsp cream cheese, top with 2 cherries and filling . . . try to keep this in the middle of the square.
6. Roll the remaining 8 squares so they are thin and will "drape" over the cherries.
7. Brush egg wash around the edges of the "filled" squares and over one side of the flattened squares.
8. Place flattened square, egg side down, over the cherry mixture. Crimp the edges with a fork.
9. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Poke two holes in the top of the "cherry mound." Brush with remaining egg wash.
10. Cook for 12 minutes, or until ravioli are golden brown.
11. Top with powdered sugar or your favorite icing.
Serving Size: 21 Ravioli