- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 383.3
- Total Fat: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 7,054.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.0 g
- Protein: 12.7 g
Taboule or Tabbouleh SaladSubmitted by: LDOPKISS
IntroductionMediterranean or Mideast Wheat Salad Mediterranean or Mideast Wheat Salad
cracked wheat - medium #2 also known as bulghur wheat ,1/2 cup soaked
fresh tomatoes- 2 large red ripe diced
fresh parsley- 4 bunches chopped
fresh mint - 1/2 bunch chopped (or dried to taste)
fresh green onions - 1 bunch chopped
1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
Juice of 3 lemons, or more or less to taste
salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil if desired, to taste
1) Soak wheat in warm water for about an hour. 16 ounces of wheat will make about 11 servings.
2) Pour wheat and water into a strainer lined with double layer of cheesecloth. Squeeze all water out of wheat. This is the most important step!
3) Now add the vegetables listed, as desired.
4) Add mint to taste, fresh or dried.
5) Add lemon juice, again to taste.
6) Optional: extra virgin olive oil to taste
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LDOPKISS.