Cherry Jubilee Jello Salad (6.3 oz) serving
- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 142.4
- Total Fat: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 59.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
2 1/4 cups Dole Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups Pineapple Juice (12 fl oz), approximately
2 (.3 oz) boxes Black Cherry Sugar Free Jello
1 cup Red Wine (8 fl oz), optional - or, substitute water
1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
1 can (20 oz) Sugar Free Cherry Pie Filling
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
Green, curly salad greens for serving, optional
**NOTE: When I make this at Easter, I use 2 cans of sliced pineapple to cover my ham. When I drain these cans, I use the reserved juice to make this Jello salad.
**I've also used 12 oz. frozen dark sweet black cherries for a delicious effect (thawed)
10 servings = (6.3 oz) servings @ 142.4 calories each.
8 servings = (7.88 oz) servings @ 178 calories each.
• Pour the reserved pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add additional pineapple juice to equal 2 cups (16 oz.)
• Heat the 2 cups pineapple juice to boiling, then dissolve jello in hot juice, stirring until all granuals have disappeared.
• Pour any leftover pineapple juice into the measuring cup and add red wine (or water) to equal 1-1/2 cups (12 oz.) and nutmeg.
• Chill until mixture thickens slightly (approx. 1 hr in my fridge).
• Pour into a 1-1/2 quart bowl, mold, or easy-to-measure squarish pan. Chill until firm.
• Cut into squares or unfold. Serve on salad greens.
Serving Size: Makes 10 (6.3 oz) servings; or 8 (7.88 oz) servings @ 178 calories ea.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OILPAINTER.