yves veggie mexi mixSubmitted by: SARAH.BODELL
Introductionmakes 6 1 cup servings makes 6 1 cup servings
Number of Servings: 6
1/2 tsp basil leaves
1 green, 1 red bell pepper, chopped
1-2 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1 14 oz. can kidney beans, drained
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup corn, fresh, canned or frozen
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano leaves
1 pkg Meatless Ground Round Original
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups tomato sauce
i was out of tomato sauce so used equal parts tomato paste and water. serve with brown rice for complete protein.
1. Transfer Veggie Ground Round Original to medium bowl and mash with fork. Set aside.
2. In saucepan, sauté onion peppers and garlic in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, corn, chili powder, oregano, cumin, basil, pepper and stir.
4. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Stir in Veggie Ground Round Original, cilantro (if using) and heat throug
Serving Size: 8 1 cup servings