- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 387.6
- Total Fat: 9.8 g
- Cholesterol: 36.8 mg
- Sodium: 794.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.0 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
Chicken and Black Beans Enchiladas with Mole SauceSubmitted by: JULIA_RUN2SMILE
IntroductionThis was my special meal for Cinco de Mayo... This was my special meal for Cinco de Mayo...
2 Chicken Breast - no skin diced and cooked
1 Large onion - chopped
1 Large Bell Pepper - chopped
3 Roasted Garlic cloves
1 C Black Beans (from a can - drained and rinsed)
1 C Cabbage (chopped)
10 Large Casa Mendosa Whole Wheat Tortillas
For Salsa (Pico de Galo):
1/2 12 oz Can Yellow corn (drained and rinsed)
1 C Diced Tomatoes
1 Large Onion
For Mole Sauce:
See Chef Meg Recipe
150 gr Light Mozzarella cheese - grated
The Mole sauce in my picture is from a base that I bought during my last visit to Mexico - I added tomatoes and it was ready. For calculation and next time I make this recipe, I will use the Mole Sauce Recipe from Chef Meg.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Add the pepper and onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes
3. Remove from heat.
4. Prep the black beans and cabbage. Set aside.
5. Make the salsa. Set aside.
Mix in the chicken, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the peanut sauce.
6. Spray the bottom of a baking dish with non fat cooking spray.
7. Place the filling in a tortilla (chicken and veggies, beans, cabbage and top it with salsa), wrap it up and place it in a baking dish. Repeat for the remaining 9 tortillas.
8. Pour Mole Sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle on the cheese.
9. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese is melted about 20-30 minutes.
10. Serve garnished with salsa and guacamole (not in calculation and a side dish of rice (optional - not in calculation).
Serving Size: 10 Large Enchiladas
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIABELANGER.