Whole Grain Dinner RollsSubmitted by: FAT_BEGONE
IntroductionHearty and full of fiber Hearty and full of fiber
2TBS - Active Dry Yeast
1 3/4 C -Water, warm
1 - Large Egg
1- Large Egg white,
1/2 C - Splenda
1/4 C - Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 tsp - Salt
1 C - Bob's Red Mill Stone Ground Whole Grain Millet Flour
1 C - Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Graham Flour
1 C - Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 C - Hodgson Mill Certified Organic Oat Bran Flour
1 C - Hodgson Mill All Natural Unproccessed Wheat Bran
1 C - Hodgson Mill Whole Grain All Natural Stone Ground Rye Flour
4 tsp - Hodgson Mill Vital Wheat Gluten with Vitamin C
1/3 C - Flax Seed Meal
- Add egg, egg white, Splenda, applesauce, salt, Millet Flour, Pastry Flour, Gluten, Flax Seed and Wheat Bran; beat until smooth.
- Add remaining flours to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Punch dough down and divide in half; shape each portion into 18 rolls.
- Place in two greased round baking pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serving size is one roll.
Number of Servings: 36
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FAT_BEGONE.