Vegetable Soup #1Submitted by: 1888MICHELLE
2 cups sliced white mushrooms
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups black eyed peas
1 cup lima beans
1 large red or spanish onion
1 med zucchini
2 tsps chopped garlic
1 tsp olive oil
3 cups sodium reduce chicken broth
1 cup water
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
4 cups fresh spinach
ground pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large pot. Add garlic and onions. Saute until aromatic.
2. Add all the other veggies and beans.
3. When veggies are heated through (not fried), add the chicken broth and water.
4. When soup is boiling, add the can of diced tomatoes and simmer until hot.
5. Add ground pepper to taste.
Number of Servings: 11
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 1888MICHELLE.