- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 212.6
- Total Fat: 2.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 704.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 6.0 g
Gluten Free Pizza Base (crispy not chewy)Submitted by: DJFLEX
IntroductionCrispy Gluten-Free pizza base that tastes better than purchased base and is simple to make Crispy Gluten-Free pizza base that tastes better than purchased base and is simple to make
2 cups - Gluten free all purpose flour
2 tsp - Xanthan gum
1 tsp - Gluten free baking powder
2 tsp - Brown or Raw sugar
1 tsp - Salt
3/4 Cup - warm water
Cooking on a pizza stone will make the base crisp and perfect all the way through. Mini pizza ovens also make a perfect pizza.
If you only have a baking tray but prefer crisp base be sure to place in fry pan for a little longer.
2) Add the warm water to the bowl and mix together using a rubber spatula until its mixed evenly. If dough is to moist add more flour or if its too dry add a small amount of warm water. Consistincey should be like bread dough (moist not dry)
3) lightly flower a board or marble dough board (marlbe dough boards work amazingly)
4) remove dough from bowl and place on board. lightly sprinkle with GF Flour and knead the dough thoroughly on board until it is a smooth uniformed dough (this is important as the dough will roll and back better). Occasionally sprinkly lightly with flower if it gets tacky on board.
5) Roll the dough into a big ball (like a round bread loaf) then take a knife and cut it into quarters evenly. Put 3 aside in bowl and cover with towel.
6) Roll dough into a ball (sprinkle occasionally if needed with GF Flour) . Press the dough into a flat circle and begin to roll flat using a rolling pin or wine bottle (full...drink it after). It take practice but you will get the knack of it and will be amazed at how round you can get them.
7) once it rolled to the size of a dinner plate (thin) you can heat up a steel fry pan on low heat, spray lightly and drop the base in long enough that it becomes firm but dont overcook it unless you prefer really crisp pizza.
8) Base is now ready for toppings and to be placed on a pizza stone or baking tray.
Serving Size: 4 Pizza bases
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DJFLEX.