Ensalada de BacalaoSubmitted by: MLP0130
IntroductionSalt Cod Salad Salt Cod Salad
1 bag of Alaskan Pollock Boned and Salted Cod Fish Fillets
3 eggs (can use only two, if desired)
1 large potato
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
2 Tbspns chopped onion
10-12 Spanish Olives (w/pimientos)
1 Avocado (sliced)
1 Large Tomato
2. Rinse out excess salt on cod fish
3. Chop onion pieces (amount to be what you desire -- I usually use three onion ring slices). Set aside.
4. In a pot, put the cod fish, eggs, and potato. Add water to cover all ingredients.
5. Cook at medium fire. After 10 mins, change the water and continue to cook until the potatoes pieces are tender (about another 15 mins or so).
6. Drain the water out and in a mixing bowl, put the cod fish and potatoes. Cut the cod fish into bite size pieces.
7. Peel the eggs. Using an egg cutter, cut them in slices and add to fish and potato.
8. Add the olive oil, vinegar, olives,sliced avocado and sliced or ticed tomatoes. Toss well.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
I serve this with a side of white rice.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MLP0130.