Microwave Vanilla PuddingSubmitted by: YOYOBOL73
IntroductionHomemade instant pudding is almost as quick to make as the packaged kinds, but it tastes BETTER!! Homemade instant pudding is almost as quick to make as the packaged kinds, but it tastes BETTER!!
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
2 cups skim milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate pudding: add 1/4 cup cocoa powder in with sugar and cornstarch...may add more sugar if desired, but I loved it without any. Increases nutritional values of the following: Calories:145.9 Fat:2.0g Sodium:71 Potassium: 292.9 Carbs: 27.1g Sugar: 19.1g Protein: 6.8g
2. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
3. Microwave, uncovered, at High for 5-8 min. or until moiling and thickened, whisking EVERY 2 minutes.
4. Blend a little of the milk mixture into egg; whisk back into measure, blending well.
5. Microwave, uncovered, at MEDIUM for 1 - 2 min. or until thickened, whisking once during cooking.
6. Stir in Vanilla
7. Pour into serving dishes. To prevent skin from forming, place waxed paper directly on surface; chill for about 2 hours or until set.
Serving Size: 4 - 1/2 cup servings