Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
IntroductionThese peppers are super easy, healthy and delicious. Plus, they're great because you can throw in basically any leftovers, veggies or spices in and they'll turn out great! These peppers are super easy, healthy and delicious. Plus, they're great because you can throw in basically any leftovers, veggies or spices in and they'll turn out great!
3 Large Bell Peppers (any color)
15 Leafs Spinach, chopped
5 Baby Carrots, shredded
1 Tbsp Scallions (green onions)
1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/4 Cup Onions, chopped
1 Cup Canned Corn
1 Cup Cooked Black Beans
4 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Cheddar Cheese to top
Sometimes I replace some of the cheese with raw one egg, scrambled. It should mix and cook the same, but adds a great binding agent and tastes fabulous.
All measurements are approximate - I never make this recipe the same every time. That's the beauty: you can throw in just about anything, bake and enjoy!
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Slice the top off pepper, core
4. Boil peppers for 30 seconds, set aside
4. Mix vegetables, cheese and rice in a large bowl
5. Spoon mixture into peppers, stuff until full
6. Top with cheese
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until pepper begins to brown
Serving Size: Makes 3 peppers