- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 135.8
- Total Fat: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 31.7 mg
- Sodium: 180.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.2 g
Cauliflower "Mac" & Cheese CasseroleSubmitted by: BELLASMOMMA
Kosher salt, as needed, plus 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetable Oil Spray
1 Large Head Cauliflower, cut into small florets
3/4 cup heavy cream (may use sugar-free soy milk
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus 1/2 cup for topping the casserole
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt. Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. Cook cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Drain well and pat between several layers of paper towels to dry. Transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
4. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth.
5. Stir in the 1.5 cups of cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and whisk until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, pour over the cauliflower, and stir to combine.
6. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot, about 15 minutes, and serve.
***It may change your carb content but I add different types of shredded cheese with the cheddar and top with cooked bacon before serving.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BELLASMOMMA.