Cauliflower MasalaSubmitted by: DOWNTOWNJEN
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 lg onion, chopped
1 c. diced toms (fresh or canned either works)
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
11/2 c diced potatoes (I keep the skins if using red, Yukon, etc. Yams are also good)
1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
2 green chilies, seeded and diced
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp garam masala
1 c peas (fresh or frozen)
Fresh cilantro as garnish
2) Add onion cook until soft
3) Add tomatoes, chili powder, tumeric, cumin and coriander. Cook another 5 mins.
4) Add 1 c. warm water and bring to boil. Turn down to simmer and add potatoes. Cover and let simmer.
5)When potatoes are about halfway done, add cauliflower. Stir together. Replace lid and simmer until potatoes and cauliflower are done to your taste. You may need to add a little more water depending on the size of the cauliflower and how wet you like it.
6) Add green chilis, salt and garam masala. Stir in for a couple of minutes.
7) Add peas and cook until soft.
8) Serve by itself or over rice, barley, couscous, etc. Use fresh cilantro to garnish
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOWNTOWNJEN.