- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 99.6
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 79.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
100-Calorie Coconut Rum BrowniesSubmitted by: PENELOPE83
Introductionfudgy and fantastic fudgy and fantastic
3/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 c. Sweetened Coconut
3 Tbsp Promise Light Margarine, tub
3/4 c. Sugar
2 Egg Whites
1/4 c. Golden Syrup or Dark Corn Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
1 oz. Rum
8x8 or 9x9 Brownie Pan
1. preheat oven to 350. spray pan with cooking spray.
2. combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and coconut in a medium bowl. set aside
3. melt margarine in a saucepan. remove from heat. Add sugar, egg whites, syrup, vanilla and coconut extract, and rum to pan. stir with wooden spoon to combine.
4. add saucepan ingredients to dry ingredients. stir to combine, being careful not to overbeat (do this by hand, not with an electric mixer).
5. pour into prepared pan, speading evenly. bake 18-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. cool completely, in pan, on a wire rack. for best taste refridgerate at least 2 hours for the flavors to sink in.
7. to serve, cut 4 rows and 4 columns. run a knife under hot water as needed to make cutting easier.
- I used 50/50 wheat/white flour and it came out great
- I don't have as good of luck baking with other brands of margarine
- If you can't find coconut extract, using coconut rum will also work - slightly sweeter flavor
- easy to cut calories and sugar by using splenda and unsweetened coconut. if you try it like that, let us know how they are :)
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PENELOPE83.