- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 305.3
- Total Fat: 12.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 266.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
Apple Lattice Pie Baked in an AppleSubmitted by: TFILION
IntroductionApple pie filling is poured into a hollowed apples and topped with an easy lattice pie crust. So easy and impressive!
ium=embed&utm_campaign=recipe-embed Apple pie filling is poured into a hollowed apples and topped with an easy lattice pie crust. So easy and impressive!
4 large Granny Smith apples (ingredients above say 2 since you're only eating about half the apple)
1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (14.1 ounce) package Pillsbury rolled pie crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
You can make your own filling using 2 additional apples, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 - 2 TBSP brown sugar and 1/4tsp of cinnamon. It will take extra baking time though to ensure the fresh apples cook through. Bake covered in foil for 25 minutes, uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.
2. Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
3. In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
4. Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
5. Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife.
6. Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings (1 apple)