- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 179.4
- Total Fat: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 154.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
Apple & Walnut Dijon Kale SaladSubmitted by: MELSLIVEWELL
5 oz (1 container) Organic Girl I Love Baby Kale
1 medium sized Granny Smith Apple
1/4 cup Ocean Spray Reduced Sugar Craisens
1/8 cup of chopped walnuts (can buy already pre-chopped)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
10-15 cranks of freshly ground Black pepper
Salt to taste (optional)
Try using a bosc pear in the place of the Granny Smith apple for added fiber and a "honey" sweet taste rather than a tart taste.
To even further reduce calories, lightly sprinkle slivered almonds rather than the full 1/8 cup of walnuts to still provide a nice crunch!
You can save 4-5 pieces of each of the apples, walnuts, and craisens (for all 4 salad plates) for topping at the very end to make the ingredients more noticeable and an eye catching effect.
2. In a small bowl (or even a blender) combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, and black pepper. Whisk together (or blend) until the dressing looks smooth and evenly combined.
3. Wash the Granny Smith apple and chop it into chunks for sprinkling.
4. Once the baby kale is dry (you can toss with a paper towel in colander to remove additional moisture) place leaves in a large bowl and add the apple chunks, chopped walnuts, and craisens to it and lightly toss to mix.
5. Pour about half of the the dressing over the top and toss to coat with salad tongs or utensils. Divide the salad evenly on to 4 plates.
6. If additional dressing is desired then add the rest to the salads.
Serving Size: Makes 4 salads (divided equally on 4 plates)