- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 156.2
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 266.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Bread Pudding with Tofu and ApplesSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionGreat Vegan Bread Pudding! Great Vegan Bread Pudding!
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup apple juice*
1 tablespoon honey*
1 12.3 oz. box firm silken tofu (Mori-Nu)
2 cups soy milk (I prefer Soy Dream Original Enriched)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup brown sugar
16 slices whole grain bread, cubed (I prefer Arnold Natural Wheat Bread)
*Note: You can substitute 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate for the apple juice and honey.
2. In a blender, puree the tofu with the soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Place the cubed bread in a large bowl.
4. Gently mix the bread with the cooked apples and tofu mixture.
5. Coat a 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add the bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least one hour).
6. Turn oven to 350 -- no need to preheat. Bake, uncovered for about 50 minutes, until set and lightly brown.
7. Cut into 16 pieces and serve warm or cold, for breakfast or dessert. Serves 16.
Note: If you like your bread pudding with raisins, add 1/2 cup raisins to the apple mixture before cooking in the microwave, and reduce the amount of brown sugar in the blended tofu mixture to 1/4 cup.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.