Easy Tofu LasagnaSubmitted by: NEWCREATION517
IntroductionSO YUMMY!!! =) You seriously won't know you're eating tofu! SO YUMMY!!! =) You seriously won't know you're eating tofu!
1 lb. 96% lean beef, ground
3 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups water
12 oz. extra-firm tofu, crumbled
6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 egg + 1 egg white, beaten
1 1/2 tsp. parsley, dried
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
7 oz. (9 noodles) lasagna pasta, uncooked (Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend)
2. Brown beef over med-high heat; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and water; simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine tofu, half of the mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, and spices. Mix well.
4. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Coat bottom of dish with about 1 cup of sauce mix.
5. Arrange 3 uncooked noodles length-wise over sauce; cover with 1 cup of sauce. Spread one-half of tofu-cheese mixture over sauce. (Repeat layers: noodles, sauce, cheese mixture, noodles, sauce)
6. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on the top.
7. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
8. Remove foil. Bake on BROIL for 5 minutes (watch carefully), until bubbly and golden.
9. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NEWCREATION517.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Family really enjoyed this. Husband doesn't care for lasagna, so we won't count him, but if it means anything to you he did take 2nds. I replaced 1/2 the meat with italian sausage. I think that next time I will put in more mozz. Very nice not to have the mushy ricotta or tangy yogurt cheese. - 12/19/08