- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 365.3
- Total Fat: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 170.5 mg
- Sodium: 925.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
- Protein: 46.2 g
Chicken and Shrimp PaellaSubmitted by: DDDOLL59
1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 (10 oz) package of saffron rice mix, uncooked
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 (16oz.) package frozen, peeled and cooked shrimp (small)
1 (10 oz.) bag frozen peas (use about 3/4 bag)
1. Brown the chicken in the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onion.
3. Cook, stirring constantly 5 minutes, or until chicken is done.
4. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients.
5. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, or warm, and simmer 25 minutes.
6. Add frozen shrimp and peas; cover and simmer 10 more minutes or until heated through.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DDDOLL59.