Coq Au VinSubmitted by: MINI-ME-2B
* 1 Tbsp olive oil
* 2 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 1 tsp table salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 1 1/2 cup red wine
* 1 1/2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 medium onion(s)
* 1 Tbsp cornstarch
* 1/3 cup water
* Cook Time: 35 Minutes
* Ready In: 45 Minutes
* Yields: 8 servings
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken parts with salt, pepper and garlic powder and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to skillet. Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
3. Cover skillet and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NADINE127.