- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 432.1
- Total Fat: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
- Sodium: 557.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.4 g
- Protein: 17.1 g
Baked Blueberry-Cheese French ToastSubmitted by: NELLIEG
Introductionfor special occasions for special occasions
18 slices whole wheat bread (stale is best)
8 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, unsweetened
2 cups nonfat milk
4 egg whites
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2. Place 6 slices of bread in dish, filling bottom.
3. Top with 1/2 the cream cheese and 1/2 the blueberries
4. Put second layer, pressing down to keep berries in place.
5. Repeat cream cheese, berries and final slices of bread.
6. Whisk together milk, eggs and cinnamon.
7. Pour over bread.
8. Cover and let sit (you can do this overnight and put it in the 'fridge.
9. Uncover and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through.
10. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NELLIEG.