- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 168.0
- Total Fat: 10.3 g
- Cholesterol: 11.1 mg
- Sodium: 328.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
Vegetarian Spinach Stuffed MushroomsSubmitted by: SUZYHOMEMAKER65
IntroductionAt 85 calories per stuffed mushroom, these veggie stuffed mushrooms are an excellent, healthy appetizer choice. Stuff smaller mushrooms and serve as healthy snacks for a party. At 85 calories per stuffed mushroom, these veggie stuffed mushrooms are an excellent, healthy appetizer choice. Stuff smaller mushrooms and serve as healthy snacks for a party.
8 large stuffing mushrooms, stems removed, chopped and reserved
1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
1 cup spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup vegetable broth
Italian dry seasong blend to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/4 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded
1. Saute onion, chopped mushroom stems in olive oil on medium high heat until softened.
2. Add garlic, spinach, and roasted peppers and saute a few minutes more.
3. Stir in vegetable broth, seasonings, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
4. Stuff mushroom caps evenly with mixture and place on a shallow baking sheet.
5. Top stuffed mushrooms with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SUZYHOMEMAKER65.