- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 100.3
- Total Fat: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
- Sodium: 132.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
Vegan Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies RecipeSubmitted by: AFRICAPARISH
# 2 cups all-purpose flour
# 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
# 1 teaspoon baking soda
# 1 teaspoon baking powder
# 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
# 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
# 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
# 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
# 1/2 teaspoon salt
# 1 cup granulated sugar
# 1/2 cup brown sugar
# 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened 9 unsweetened applesauce or fat free yogurt, plain)
# 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
# 1 tablespoon applesauce, unsweetened
# 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Grease baking sheets.
3. COMBINE flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove and salt in medium bowl.
4. Beat sugar and vegan margarine or butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
5. Beat in pumpkin, applesauce and vanilla extract until smooth.
6. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
8. BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.
9. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes;
10. remove to wire racks to cool completely.
11. Drizzle glaze over cookies.
12. FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons soymilk, 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or margarine and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
makes 24 large or 48 small cookies - Calories are for large (24) cookies
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AFRICAPARISH.