Summer Vegetable Spaghetti
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionThis lively vegetarian pasta dish contains no added fat or oil, is low in cholesterol, and is good hot or cold. This lively vegetarian pasta dish contains no added fat or oil, is low in cholesterol, and is good hot or cold.
- 2 cups small yellow onions, cut in eighths
- 2 cups chopped, peeled, fresh, ripe tomatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow and green squash (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 lb. uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2. Cook spaghetti in unsalted water according to package directions.
3. Spoon sauce over drained hot spaghetti and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
Yield: 9 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup spaghetti and 3/4 cup sauce with vegetables