- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 350.4
- Total Fat: 10.8 g
- Cholesterol: 13.9 mg
- Sodium: 716.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
Vegetarian Burritos made with TVPSubmitted by: GIGINAIK
IntroductionVegetarian Burritos made with TVP, healthy and delicious Vegetarian Burritos made with TVP, healthy and delicious
* Tomato Paste, 10 grams
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp
* Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tsp
* cumin, 1 tsp
* Salt, 1 dash
* Flour Tortillas, 5 tortilla (approx 10" dia)
* Mexican Cheese, queso anejo, .5 cup,
* rosarita refried beans, vegetarian, .75 cup
* Canned Tomatoes, 0.35 can
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.20 cup,
* *Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 0.20 cup,
* Bobâ€™s Red Mill TVP, 0.20 cup
* Cilantro, dried, 0.20 tbsp
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, .25 cup, chopped
* Iceberg Lettuce, .5 cup, chopped
* Onions, raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
* Olive Oil, 1 tsp
* Paprika, 1 tsp
Prepare TVP by bringing water to boil and soaking the TVP for approximately 15 minutes.
While TVP is being soaked cut all vegetables.
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions and peppers for about 3 minutes.
2. Add to the skillet spice (spices should be added according to taste, you can always add more later) and saute for about a minute.
3. Add TVP, canned tomatoes and tomato paste to the skillet.
4. Add water to skillet and let cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes (keep an eye on the water level, you can add more, just so that the food doesn't burn) You want the mixture to be somewhat dry when entirely cooked.
5. While the mixture is cooking, heat the refried beans, add a little water to make it softer.
6. Once both the mixture and refried beans are ready place them on the tortillas in the middle (first the mixture then the refried beans over them) , sprinkle some cheese on top of the filling and place in a preheated oven for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Remove from oven and place raw tomatoes, lettuce and some onions over the filling and fold to what your preference is.
Feel free to improvise on the recipe.
Hope you enjoy this meal.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GIGINAIK.