Shepherds Pie ReduxSubmitted by: CREATIVELIZA
Introductionlow fat and tasty low fat and tasty
* Ground Turkey, 200 grams (approx 1.5 cup)
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, 1 cup
* Garlic, 2 tsp
* Tomato Paste, 0.5 cup
* Peas, frozen, 0.5 cup
* Mashed Potatoes, 3 cup
* Butter, salted, 2 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high)
* Milk, nonfat, .5 cup
* Carrots, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, cumin
Mix mashed potatoes with butter (or substitute) and milk. Add water if needed. An electric mixer makes them fluffy.
In a baking dish, pour the turkey mix into an even layer. Spread the mashed potatoes on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 400.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CREATIVELIZA.