- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 314.4
- Total Fat: 17.5 g
- Cholesterol: 45.6 mg
- Sodium: 549.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 15.0 g
Easy Homeade Mac and CheeseSubmitted by: KDELLASEGA
IntroductionSo good...just like mom's So good...just like mom's
2 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 c 2% milk
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 c macaroni or penne pasta, cooked
1/5 c crushed saltine crackers
1/2 tsp salt
dash black pepper
2. Cook pasta per package directions (I like to take mine out a few seconds before it is really done because it still cooks in the oven).
3. Melt margarine over med-high heat
4. Add flour and mix until brown and dough like (usually a minute or two).
5. Add milk and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes and add the cheese. Stir until thick and bubbly.
6. Place pasta in a casserole dish (I spritz mine with cooking spray first) and our cheese sauce over top.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Add cracker crumbs and bake for 5-7 minutes longer uncovered.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KDELLASEGA.