Bateta PohaSubmitted by: CRAZZANGEL
IntroductionIndian dish of flaked rice and potatos Indian dish of flaked rice and potatos
1. Cut potatos into small pieces
2. Heat canola oil, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and near end chili powder
3. Add potatoes, tumeric powder, salt
4. Cover and let steam at low temp until potatoes soft - but not mushy. Mix occasionally. Check oil, add more if needed, should not be dry.
5. Place Poha in water until they fluff and become soft - but not TOO soft, should be less than 3 mins
6. Once potatoes done, Add poha
7. Gently mix throughly ensuring all 'yellow' and add more salt if needed, add sugar
8. Top w/ cilantro, cashews, raisins.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRAZZANGEL.