- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 223.7
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 11.6 mg
- Sodium: 783.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 16.8 g
Chicken and Red Pepper LoafSubmitted by: SWTOGIRL
IntroductionA delicious alternative to meatloaf. It can easily be used in sandwiches as well. A delicious alternative to meatloaf. It can easily be used in sandwiches as well.
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 1 lb
* Spinach, frozen, 1 cup
* *Flour, white, 2 Tbsp
* Milk, nonfat, 1/2 cup
* Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 2 medium
* Egg Beaters, 2/3 cup
* Bread crumbs, 1 cup
- In a shallow pan, thaw about one cup of frozen spinach. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp of flour, add half a cup of milk, let thicken for a minute or so.
- Add spinach mixture to chicken in blender. Add 1 cup of bread crumbs, Egg Beaters, and 2 red bell peppers, broiled and peeled. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. It's great at room temperature or cold in sandwiches.
**Sometimes I'll use parsley or mushrooms instead of spinach.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SWTOGIRL.