Burli BreadSubmitted by: JEREMY_PATRICIA
IntroductionA favourite in Switzerland which you serve fresh but allow to cool. A favourite in Switzerland which you serve fresh but allow to cool.
Note: Before you can start making the BÃ¼rli, you must prepare a sourdough about one or two days in advance.
Ingredients for 50 g (1.75 ounces) wheaten sourdough to be prepared in advance:
â€¢ 50 g (1.75 ounces) wheaten flour type
â€¢ 4 g (0.14 ounces) yeast
â€¢ 1 dl (0.4 cups) water
Preparation of the wheaten sourdough:
1. Dissolve yeast in water. Add wheaten flour and stir until it becomes a viscous dough.
2. Cover and let grow for about one or two days in a warm place.
Ingredients for approximately 16 BÃ¼rli
â€¢ 750 g (26 ounces) wheaten flour type
â€¢ 40 g (1.4 ounces) yeast
â€¢ 20 g (0.7 ounces) salt
â€¢ 0.5 l (4 cups) water
Preparation of the BÃ¼rli:
1. Mix the ingredients for the sourdough in advance.
2. Knead to a soft dough.
3. Let grow for about 30 minutes.
4. Cut into pieces of about 60 g (2 ounces) each and put them together in pairs or four of them to a butterfly like setting on a baking sheet.
5. Let grow again for about another 30 minutes.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes in the lower part of the pre-heated oven at about 240 degree Celsius (460 degree Fahrenheit). Put a bowl with water in the oven. Remove the bowl after about 10 minutes and let the steam flow out.
Make sure the bowl withstands the heat and beware of the hot steam when opening the oven !
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JEREMY_PATRICIA.