- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 201.5
- Total Fat: 15.4 g
- Cholesterol: 14.9 mg
- Sodium: 74.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 9.2 g
Scallops with Pistachio VineaigretteSubmitted by: CHEFSOPHIE
IntroductionInspired by a Basque Chef these make a super-stylish tapa. Also good substituting shrimp or squid. Inspired by a Basque Chef these make a super-stylish tapa. Also good substituting shrimp or squid.
1/2 cup of Txakoli or Protuguese Vinho Verde
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1 medium garlic clove crushed
1 Tbs. minced shallot
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup good olive oil, plus extra for scallops
1 small pinch of sugar
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
18 sea scallops
A handful of baby lettuces, for garnish
2 Tbs. minced chives
1/3 cup lightly toasted, finely chopped or ground
6 bamboo skewers soaked in water 30 minutes
1. Place the wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the wine to a bowl and whisk in the vinegar, garlic, shallot, and lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then season the vinaigrette with the sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Let the vinaigrette stand while you prepare the scallops.
2. Light the grill and preheat it to medium or preheat a ridged grill pan to medium-hot over medum heat.
3. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Thread the scallops on each skewer through the sides, placing 3 scallops on each skewer. Brush both sides of the scallops lightly with olive oil.
4. Grill the scallops, working in batches if necessary, until just opaque inside and lightly browned on the outside, about 3 minutes per side.
5. To serve, place each skewer on a small appetizer plate and arrange a few lettuce leaves along side the scallops. Stir the chives and the pistachios into the vinaigrette and dab the vinaigrette on the scallops. Serve at once.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHEFSOPHIE.