Cashew Orange ChickenSubmitted by: MANZNITA3
* 1/3 cup orange juice (1 block carb)
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 1/3 teaspoons olive oil (4 blocks fat)
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
* 8 oz. skinless chicken breast (8 blocks protein), cut into bite-sized pieces
* 1 cup Mandarin orange sections (drained) (3 blocks carb)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 12 cashews (4 blocks fat)
Stir together orange juice, soy sauce and gingerroot.
Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Drain chicken, reserving the soy sauce mixture.
SautÃ© chicken in oil, turning often, until chicken is done.
Stir together the soy mixture and cornstarch. Stir in pan. Heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring often.
Stir in orange sections and cashews and continue to cook until heated through.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MANZNITA3.