Mexican Lasagna - OAMCSubmitted by: FROLIC838
IntroductionA tasty & good for you make ahead dish with a Mexican spin. Note that the yield is 2 9x13 casseroles. A tasty & good for you make ahead dish with a Mexican spin. Note that the yield is 2 9x13 casseroles.
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground turkey
1 c. onions
.5 c. jalapenos
2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
2 15 oz cans yellow sweet corn
2 15 oz cans black beans, drained & rinsed
2 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
20 corn tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray
1.5 c. reduced fat sour cream (nonfat works)
1 c. Mexican cheese blend, reduced fat
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Brown meat and onions in large skillet. Drain well & rinse to remove excess fat.
2. Add corn, black beans, jalapenos, and taco seasoning mix. Simmer 5 mins.
3. Spray 2 9x13 casseroles with non-stick cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half. Place 10 tortilla halves in the bottom of each dish. Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture over and then 1/4 of the sour cream into each dish. Spread evenly. Place another layer of tortillas, 10 for each dish, and then the remaining beef mixture divided.
5. To freeze: Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. When frozen solid, casserole can be removed from pan and stored separately, returning to original pan for baking.
6. If frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Heat oven to 350*. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven & sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes for the cheese to melt. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with taco-type accompaniments like tomato, lettuce, salsa, olives, etc.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FROLIC838.