- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 254.9
- Total Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 67.9 mg
- Sodium: 349.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 29.5 g
Cheesey Chicken and ArtichokesSubmitted by: NIKI778
IntroductionGrilled Chicken with a Creamy Artichoke and mushroom sauce Grilled Chicken with a Creamy Artichoke and mushroom sauce
4 3oz chicken breasts
1 9 oz pkg frozen artichoke hearts
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
3 tsp crushed garlic (or to taste)
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup evaporated milk
4 tsp corn starch
2 TBS white wine (or additional chicken broth)
2 TBS Lemon Juice
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2) Trim all visible fat from chicken breast and season to taste with garlic powder and black pepper.
3) Pre heat and indoor grill or grill pan, cook chicken till no longer pink in the middle.
4) While the chicken is cooking, satue mushrooms, onions, bell pepper and garlic in a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray.
5) when onions are tender add corn starch, chicken broth and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, stiring occasionaly.
6) When sauce has thickend add cooked artichokes, wine and lemon juice and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the grilled chicken with the sauce on top. Top each serving with 1 TBS of parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings, about 3/4 cup sauce and 1 chicken breast
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NIKI778.