Chinese Steam FishSubmitted by: EMERALDGREEN1
IntroductionA very common chinese dish enjoyed with rice. More healthy than most asian dishes as it's steamed and requires very little oil. A very common chinese dish enjoyed with rice. More healthy than most asian dishes as it's steamed and requires very little oil.
1. 1 Whole grouper, butterflied (600 g)
2. Ginger root, sliced (40 g)
3. Red ripe tomato, sliced (2 tomato or 230 g)
4. Fresh red chili, sliced (2 chillies)
5. Tofu, sliced (560 g)
6. Pickled mustard greens, sliced (300 g)
7. Soya sauce (1 tbsp)
8. Oyster sauce (1 tbsp)
9. Salt (1/2 tsp)
10. White pepper (1/2 tsp)
11. Sugar (1/2 tsp)
12. Oil (1 tsp)
13. Sesame seed oil (1/2 tsp)
14. Corn flour (1 tsp)
15. Water (1 tbsp)
2. Season grouper with salt and white pepper.
3. Oil a steaming platter and lay grouper.
4. Cover fish with sliced ginger, tomato, fresh chilli. pickled mustard greens and tofu.
5. Mix soya sauce with oyster sauce and sugar then pour over fish mix.
6. Mix water with corn flour and sprinkle over fish mix.
7. Cover and steam for 30 mins or till fish is cooked.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seed oil just before serving.
9. Serve imediately.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EMERALDGREEN1.