Chicken EnchiladasSubmitted by: CARIOCGL
IntroductionChicken enchiladas with a sour cream sauce Chicken enchiladas with a sour cream sauce
1 cup chopped onion
5 tablespoons margarine (divided)
4 oz chopped green chilis
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 - 6 inch flour tortillas
1 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
2. In large saucepan, sautÃ© onion and pepper with 2 tablespoons butter. Combine in a bowl with chopped chicken and green chili peppers; set aside.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Blend in flour, coriander, and salt. Stir in chicken broth; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese. Stir 1/2 cup of the sauce into the chicken mixture.
4. Dip each tortilla into remaining sauce to soften; fill each with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and roll up.
5. Arrange rolls in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish; pour remaining sauce over the rolls, being sure to cover all exposed tortilla. Slightly lift the rolls so sauce gets underneath as well.
6. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 12 servings (1 stuffed tortilla each)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARIOCGL.