Cheese Grits CasseroleSubmitted by: SANDYLUVSSPARK
IntroductionSouthern Breakfast! Southern Breakfast!
1 cup of grits, uncooked
2/3 Cup of evaporated skim milk
3/4 Cup Egg Beaters (or egg substitute) to equal 3 eggs
1/4 Cup of butter or margarine
8 oz. reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
2.While hot, add butter and cheese (remove from stove)
3. Add milk and beaten eggs together.
4. Temper the eggs by adding a little of the hot eggs to this mixture
5. Add the eggs to the rest of the grits
6. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until top is just starting to brown.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SANDYLUVSSPARK.