Quick n Easy GuacamoleSubmitted by: ETANVIR
IntroductionThis is my favorite recipe. It takes little time but it tastes great. Very zesty and fresh. This is my favorite recipe. It takes little time but it tastes great. Very zesty and fresh.
* Avocados, California (Haas), 3 fruit without skin and seeds, mashed
* Garlic, 1 clove minced
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 1 tomato seeded and chopped
* Lemon juice, 1/4 cup
* Onions, raw, 1 medium finally minced
* Jalapeno Peppers, 1 pepper or to taste, seeded and finally minced
* Cumin seeds 1 tsp lightly toasted and coarsely crushed
* salt (optional)
* Hot pepper sauce (optional)
One tip for keeping the color green is to squeez lemon juice as soon as you flesh the avocados. It'll protect them from oxidizing. Putting the pit inside has no effect whatsoever and it's a myth. Also, cover the surface of the guacamole with a saran wrap such that the wrap is directly touching the guacamole, hence cutting the air exposure completely. This way you can keep it for upto 2 days in fridge without getting it browned.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ETANVIR.