Green ChutneySubmitted by: ETANVIR
IntroductionA tangy cilantro, mint and jalapeno pepper chutney good for all savory snacks and sandwitch spreads. A tangy cilantro, mint and jalapeno pepper chutney good for all savory snacks and sandwitch spreads.
* Cilantro, raw, 2 cups or 1 bunch
* Mint leaves, 1/3 of the cilantro
* Onions, raw, 2 tbsp chopped
* Garlic, 3 clove
* Ginger Root, 1 slices (1" dia)
* Salt, 1 tsp (or to taste)
* *Cumin seed, 1 tsp
* *Lemon Juice, 1 Tbsp (or to taste)
* Jalapeno Peppers, 2 pepper
* grated unsweetened coconut 1 Tbsp (optional)
Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend well to a smooth paste. If required then add a little water to help in blending.
[*Mint leaves are optional and if you don't have mint then exclude them. Besides giving the mint flavor, fresh mint leaves also add some body to the chutney so you can use grated coconut or cashew powder to give the chutney some body which is off coarse optional*]
1-2 Tbsp per serving, makes tons.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ETANVIR.