Creamy Baked ChickenSubmitted by: LAKATGA
IntroductionI found this recipe online and it's really good but I need to find a way to make it a little less fattening. At least my husband and youngest son really enjoyed it! I found this recipe online and it's really good but I need to find a way to make it a little less fattening. At least my husband and youngest son really enjoyed it!
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
1 pkg. cornbread stuffing
4 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. I can't Believe it's not Butter, Lite (melted)
1/4 cup white wine
1 10 oz. can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. reduced fat parmesan cheese
2. Mix cream of mushroom soup with wine using a whisk to make it smooth. Set aside.
3. Put defrosted chicken breasts (or tenderloins) in a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Cover with slices of mozzarella.
5. Pour soup mix on top of cheese.
6. Cover mixture with dry stuffing mix.
7. Dribble butter on stuffing.
8. Lightly dust with garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Serve with brown rice and vegetables.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAKATGA.