- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 381.1
- Total Fat: 18.5 g
- Cholesterol: 68.4 mg
- Sodium: 336.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 32.9 g
Mediterranean Chicken Pita WrapSubmitted by: JUPITERSTAR
IntroductionA high protein, filling, fast entree for any meal! A high protein, filling, fast entree for any meal!
4 chicken breast halves
4 small whole wheat pitas (you can use any pita type you like, but I find these to be the healthiest)
1/2 cup romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp Hummus
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 whole tomato, diced
2. Mix the olive oil and lemon juice together in a separate bowl
3. Dice the tomato into little tiny cubes and add it and the chicken to the olive oil and lemon juice mixture. Mix until all of the chicken and tomato cubes are covered
4. Spread 2 Tbsp of hummus apiece on each pita
5. Layer the romaine lettuce over the hummus
6. Drain the chicken and tomato mixture and add to the pita
7. For extra flavor if you feel adventurous, add a bit on feta cheese to the top of the pita before enjoying!
For a lower-sodium alternative, buy low-salt hummus instead of the regular kind, and drain the chicken and tomato mixture earlier to cut down on a few calories from the olive oil.
Carrots and apricots make delicious side items for this yummy meal!
Makes 4 pita sandwiches.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JUPITERSTAR.